Steve Tait Dutch Style Hood Blocks, set of 28
NOW MADE AND SOLD EXCLUSIVELY BY MIKE’S FALCONRY SUPPLIES.
Note: We do not add sizes on the face of the blocks anymore, we put the size on the bottom of the blocks.
Steve Tait has long been known as an excellent hood maker. He has spent years working on and perfecting the superior fit that your hood will have after being molded on one of these hood blocks. A hood made on a Tait hood block will fit your birds head great and will stay in place. These hood blocks are made perfectly symmetrical or as perfect as they can be. Once you try one of these hood blocks you will never go back to anything else. Tait hood blocks have been in use for many years with lots of satisfied customers around the world. Block sizes are made to fit Female American Kestrel up to and including the female Ferruginous hawk.
We make our hood blocks using a high density polyurethane plastic that is almost indestructible and will last a life time. Each block comes with a corresponding Dutch hood pattern and a full sizing chart. (We recommend buying a set of three when trying to fit your bird. Normal delivery time is about two to three weeks from date of purchase for half and full sets of blocks and we ship by UPS ground for ½ and full sets with insurance and tracking. Singles or sets of three will be shipped by priority mail.
All of our hood blocks are made by us here at Mike’s Falconry Supplies and we are the sole owner of the Master molds and Hood patterns for Steve Tait hood blocks. Steve sold us this business over 8 years ago and he has updated the beak openings for these hood patterns two years ago to have a wider opening for a better fitting hood.
Hood block sale agreement to customers:
Mike’s Falconry Supplies owns the full copy rights and all of the master molds to produce Steve Tait’s original Hood blocks in a set of 28 block sizes. We also own the full copy rights and molds for 6 eagle size Steve Tait blocks too. All of our Steve Tait blocks are numbered on the bottom of the blocks and are signed by me with our business name on bottom of the blocks. When we sell these blocks, you have the right to make hoods on them but you do not have any rights to re-produce our blocks. If anyone is caught trying to make or sell copies of our hood blocks they will be contacted by our attorney and taken to court for copy right infringement.
TB004 (Full set of 28 hood blocks & Patterns) $950.00 for complete set of 28 blocks plus Dutch hood patterns.
ORDERS SOLD WITHIN THE USA:
Will be shipped using UPS ground to offer you the best S&H cost for your order of Hood Blocks.
ORDERS SOLD OUT OF THE USA.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED PRIORITY MAIL INSURED SO THAT YOU WILL GET TRACKING AND INSURANCE TOO.
Listed below are the most common block or hood size for the Steve Tait style hood blocks. Please pick the hood block size from the chart listed below, then enter sex & species and size of hood block needed in boxes below when ordering. If the hawk or falcon you are looking for is not listed please contact us about the correct size. Block size and species listed below.
Block size and species listed below:
000 male sharp-shin
00. male kestrel
0. female kestrel
1. male columbarius merlin
2. male richardsons merlin, female sharpshin
3. female columbarius merlin
4. female richardsons, large female columbarius merlin,
5. large female richardsons merlin
6. small male coopers hawk, M/Aplomado
7. male coopers hawk, small male merlin/peregrine
8. male merlin/peregrine, F/ Aplomado
9. female coopers hawk, Lg F/ Aplomado
10. female merlin/peregrine, small male barbary, Eastern F/Coopers hawk, M/ Red Shoulder hawk
11. male barbary
12. large male barbary, male brookei peregrine
13. small male prairie
14. small male peregrine, male prairie, female barbary, male lanner, M/ Tundra Peregrine
15. male peregrine, male gyr/barbary , small male Harris
16. female prairie, large male gyr/barbary, Sm/female lanner, male Goshawk, lg male Harris, F/Red Shoulder hawk
17. female peregrine, small male gyr/peregrine, large female prairie,F/ Lanner falcon/ F/Tundra Peregrine, M/Fin Goshawk
17.5 female peregrine, male gyr/peregrine, sm F/Harris hawk.
18. female goshawk, large male gyr/peregrine, large female peregrine, Female Harris
19. male gyr/saker, large female peregrine, female gyr/barbary, female saker , Sm/Fin Goshawk
20. male gyrfalcon, female gyr/prairie, large female saker, small Western male Red tail, Lg/F Fin goshawk
21. large male gyrfalcon, female gyr/peregrine, female gyr/saker, Large Western or Eastern/ male Red tail
22. female gyrfalcon, small Western female red-tail
23. large female gyrfalcon, Western or Sm/ eastern female red-tail, male ferruginous hawk
24.Average/ Eastern F/Red tail hawk, Sm/female ferruginous hawk